Information for Field Instructors
The Office of Clinical Studies works in partnership with field instructors (supervisors) who work with teacher candidates during their student teaching experience. The Office serves as a liaison to the placement sites and coordinates the logistics for all student teaching placements. Please contact the Assistant Director or Associate Director to discuss potential changes in the student teaching placements.
Student Teacher Evaluation
Click here to find the Teacher Candidate Capstone Clinical Experience Evaluation and supporting materials. You will login into Taskstream to complete the evaluation and follow the steps below. Click here for resources on how to use Taskstream and the contact information for support.
- Log into your Taskstream account at www.taskstream.com.
- Click on your Program DRF on the home page (e.g., 2016 Fall – Elementary).
- You can find your teacher candidate(s) by selecting your “Group” from the pull down menu OR typing in his/her last name in search box. Then, click the orange “Search”.
- Search for your teacher candidate by typing in his/her last name in search box and click the orange “Search”.
- Click on “Capstone Evaluation” and click the orange “Continue” button.
- Click on the orange “Evaluate” Button in Capstone column under Field Instructor.
- Click on green “Evaluate/Score Work” button.
- Complete each section.
- At the bottom, select “Record as final and release evaluation to author now” and click the orange “Submit Evaluation Now” when you are ready to submit. There is also an option at the bottom to “Save Draft”. Please note that the author is the teacher candidate.
If you identify a candidate who exhibits behaviors inconsistent with the eight dispositions in their course or in the field, you may complete the Professional Dispositions of Effective Educators – Evaluator Form and submit it to the candidate’s program coordinator. The names of the program coordinators are listed on their program web sites, which can be accessed at the DCTE website. If the program coordinator determines that a meeting with the candidate is warranted based on the evaluation, then he or she will follow the steps for a dispositions meeting outlined in the Professionalism Policy for Professional Education Candidates.