Child Protection Registry Clearance
All students taking a course with a field placement must have a Child Protection Registry clearance on file in the Office of Clinical Studies before the first day of the semester. Students will not be permitted to go to a field placement if they do not have this clearance. This clearance is valid for five years (with the exception of the Christina School District; they require the CPR clearance to be within one year of your placement).
The Child Protection Registry (CPR) clearance can be completed by submitting a Child Protection Registry Form to DSCYF. Step by step instructions can be found at Child Protection Registry Clearance or picture by picture instructions at Child Protection Registry clearance. Please download the consent form before starting the process.
Retrieving Your Results:
- Allow 10 business days to receive a Child Protection Registry Notification email informing you that CPR results are available on the CPR Portal.
- Click on the link to log in to the CPR Portal.
- Click the Completed Requests
- In the CPR Letter column, click Download to view and print results letter.
- Results will be available on the CPR Portal for six months.
- The Office of Clinical Studies should directly receive your results. However, please keep a copy of your results in the case that they do not, and you need to scan and send them.
If you have any questions, you will need to call the DSCYF, Criminal History Unit at 302-892-4525.