For all Pennsylvania placements complete the following five additional clearances required to student teach in Pennsylvania. Each clearance can take 8 weeks or longer to receive results. Unlike the Delaware clearances, the Pennsylvania clearance results are sent directly to you and not to the Office of Clinical Studies.
- Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114) – Fingerprinting. This clearance takes the most effort and the longest to return because it is a multi-step process. You will need to enroll online via IdentoGo (IDEMIA) prior to visiting an official IDEMIA fingerprinting center. An official photo ID and confirmation number are required at the time of fingerprint processing.
- When you enroll online, be sure to check that it is for Department of Education and not Public Welfare. When enrolling on-line, you must use the appropriate agency specific Service Code (1KG6RT) to ensure they are processed for the correct agency and/or applicant type. Using the correct service code ensures the background check is submitted for the correct purpose.
- You must obtain a paper copy of the results and the PA school can pull up the official copy with unique Universal Enrollment ID (UEID) indicated on the PA clearance.
- If you pay online you may use a credit card. The applicant will pay a fee of $22.60 for the fingerprint service and to secure an unofficial copy of the Criminal History Record. Major Credit Cards as well as Money orders or cashier’s checks payable to MorphoTrust will be accepted on site for those applicants who are required to pay individually. No cash transactions or personal checks are allowed.
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Act 34). This clearance can be submitted electronically and the easiest one to complete is the volunteer option (non-employment) in which candidates to obtain the PA State Police Criminal Records Check for free.
- The Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151). This clearance can be completed online and obtained for free if candidates select that volunteer option. Typical response time for this clearances 4-8 weeks. Candidates can check the status of their clearance by access their account online.
- Cleared TB test completed within one year of the student teaching experience.
- PDE6004 Arrest or Conviction form. This form, under Act 24 of 2011, is a PA arrest/conviction report and certification form.
In Addition, individual districts may require any of the following. You will be notified by Office of Clinical Studies if they are required.
- Two letters of recommendation from UD faculty members.
- An unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- A resume, depending on the district.
Upon receipt of each Pennsylvania clearance result for the first five clearances listed above, bring the original copy to the Office of Clinical Studies. Visit the Pennsylvania Department of Education website for more information about the above clearances.