Harford County Clearances
If you will student teach in Harford County, then you will need to complete two additional required clearances.
- You will receive an email from Harford County Public Schools requesting that you complete paperwork attached to the email.
- The email will also explain that you need to complete a background check through the school district. There is a $50.00 charge for the fingerprints/background check. Payment must be made by check or money order, payable to Harford County Public Schools. No cash will be accepted. All fingerprinting will be done at the central office building, the A.A. Roberty Building, at 102 S. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, Maryland, 21014. Parking is available in the garage across from this building. Please bring quarters for the meters in that garage. To make an appointment for a background check, click on the Harford County site and follow the steps below.
- Click the Fingerprinting Appointment tab.
- Select Click Here to Schedule Fingerprinting Appointment and follow the instructions to make an appointment.
- Student teacher should be put in the Position field.
- Any questions regarding the fingerprinting process should be directed to the Department of Investigations at (410) 588-5247.